Services and Activities Provided to Members
- A minimum of $1,000 per year. Many students receive considerably higher scholarships based on merit and need.
One-on-One Meetings with MSP and Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Director: Steven Johnson, Jr.
These meetings are a time to focus on:
- Academic feedback and planning
- Academic advising
- Time and crisis management
- Financial aid, internship, and job opportunities
- Career exploration
Group Business Meetings
The MBSP students gather together as a group once a month to partake in various activities consisting of:
- Networking with students, family, faculty, and business representatives
- Feedback on the academic progress of the group
- Learning from and networking with corporate sponsors
- Learning about and appreciating others' cultural backgrounds
- Scholars are able to receive free tutoring
- Tutoring is provided by other MBSP students and outside tutors who have received at least an A- in the class for which tutoring is provided
The main focus of the MBSP is on academics, yet the program also includes mandatory activities throughout each semester that help students develop social skills. These events include theater, opera, and ballet performances, trips to museums, and a rich variety of concerts. Scholars also participate in group meals that encourage faculty, donor and family member involvement in our activities.